You can get creative and use sausage or ham, or even make it a vegetarian dish with imitation egg and omitting the meat.
Pampered Chef has a regular muffin tin as well as my favorite, the mini muffin tin which makes perfect bite-sized servings. I’m a pretty messy eater but I have a huge mouth, so being able to stuff the whole thing in without dripping all over myself is a plus! http://new.pamperedchef.com/search-browse-results
Prep Time: 15 min Serves: 12
Cooking Time: 25 min Yield: 12 cups
- 12 slices Made With Whole Grain White Bread
- 12 Egg, Large
- 12 fried Thick Sliced Bacon
- 1/4 cup Reduced-fat Shredded Sharp Cheddar
- 60 Fat Free Butter Spray
- 1 1/2 tsp Cooking Spray
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray 12 standard muffin cups.
3. With a rolling pin, flatten bread slices slightly and, with a 4 1/4-inch cookie cutter, cut into rounds. Cut each round in half, then press 2 halves into each muffin cup, overlapping slightly and making sure bread comes up to edge of cup. Use extra bread to patch any gaps. Spray bread with spray butter.
4. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium, until almost crisp, 4 minutes, flipping once. (It will continue to cook in the oven.)
5. Lay 1 bacon slice in each bread cup
6. Scramble eggs and fill cups. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle in cheese.
7. Bake until egg just set, 20 to 25 minutes. Run a small knife around cups to loosen toasts. Serve immediately.
Standard muffin pans come in 6- or 12-cup size; if baking 6 items in a 12-cup pan, leave empty space in between. Nonstick pans are nice but not essential. Beware of very thin pans, which often lead to burning. Place pans on a baking sheet to make them easier to get in and out of the oven. Or buy a Pampered Chef stoneware pan and cook evenly every time and without the need for nonstick spray.